Monday, September 27, 2010

The Adventures Don't Seem to End!

So I have to say I'm finally settling in here in London! I've met all the people on my floor, I'm making friends and I have to say, I'm definitely living it up! Last Wednesday I went out to my first club here in London, which was a smaller scale club. It was definitely a good starting point. I went with a bunch of other study abroad students (or affiliates as they call them here) and Joe even came along with us. The club started out kinda lame and rather empty but picked up as the night went on. I had a good time but the music could have been a little better. I'd like to hear more than bum bum bum ba dum dum (i'm trying to type out techno, bear with me) throughout the night.

The rest of the week was filled with more orientation stuff and a little sight seeing! I went on a London bus tour and got to sit on the top level of the double decker bus. It was a great way to see all the major sights and the city, but I have to say being on top of that bus was realll cold! The rest of the week also consisted of going out night after night after night ... the adventures really didn't seem to end.

This past weekend I spent a lot of time with Joe and what I like to refer to as AU's version of Real World London (aka, the flat that Joe lives in with 11 other students from AU). We went to a club called Fabric Friday night, which was a little overwhelming to say the least. It was crazy packed and the music was once again a techno overload. If I was on E it may have been more enjoyable.

Saturday we went to an Everton vs. Fulham match which was pretty awesome! We were in the very front row behind the goal, and I have to say that seeing the back side of Tim Howard was definitely a highlight of my day!
Saturday night we proceed to do some more clubbing in Piccadilly Circus! This club was actually pretty awesome! Great music, good looking men (yes, I have Joe but I can still admire from afar!) and lots and lots of dancing.
Not the most attractive picture ... but we were breaking it down!
Now it's Monday, and it's a new week! Here at UCL they call it induction week and also Fresher's week (which is UCL's version of welcome week). I thought classes started this week, but apparently I was wrong. This week is what they call a "trial" class week. You can go to whatever lectures or seminars you'd like to and see if you'd be interested in taking the class. But in reality it's a week of crazzzziness. I don't know if I'll make it out alive. But currently I'm taking a breather and trying to plan where I want to travel and what shows I want to see in London, before heading out for what I'm sure is to be another crazzzy night. Currently, I'm planning on going to Paris, Rome, Frankfurt, Amsterdam and possibly Madrid but we'll see what actually happens.

For now, I'm off to engage in some more shenanigans. I'll check in at the end of the week and let you know if I lived!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're having a blast! You'll definitely survive :) you always find a way to do so. Don't worry about trying to type out techno.....I hear it on our floor all. the. time. GAH. Well, I miss you and we should try to skype soon. Can't wait for your next post. :) Take care, and don't forget to BREATHE! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, this sounds so fun!!! It makes me miss you though...I can't wait until the next time I get to see you and you can tell me all about your experiences in person. :) I love hearing about how you are doing, so keep the posts coming! :)

    ReplyDelete